The Alert Bay Public Library and Museum Association became incorporated on July 27, 1958. The library has been serving the community ever since.
Our 334 library members, residents of Cormorant Island, borrow 3,900 items annually.
The Library and Museum is located in a historical waterfront building. This building was formerly the fire hall then the municipal office.
Today the Library and Museum share the building with the Alert Bay Visitor Centre.